THE DURIAN TASTE CHALLENGE VIDEO
Durian (Exotic Asian Fruit)
Besides being known for its pungent offensive smell, this exotic fruit has many interesting facts and characteristics, including a wide range of health benefits that can heal the body.
Some Interesting Facts & Characteristics:
- Considered by many to be the smelliest fruit in the world.
- Has over 30 different species in the world, but only 9 are editable.
- Similar to a jackfruit, but smell and taste different.
- It is known as the king of fruits. (My guess is because of its appearance and health benefits).
- Commonly found in Southern Asia, and is a native fruit found in Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysian rainforest and India.
- The thorny outer spikey area can grow up to 12 inches long.
- 100 g fresh fruit carries 147 calories.
- Some people are not able to smell the odor and smell something sweet, while others think it stinks and looks like diarrhea. (As for me, I noticed an awful aroma shortly after opening the fruit, but realized the scent gradually faded as time went by).
- Can be eaten at various stages of ripeness.
- Taste sweet, with a hint of garlic or onion.
- Can be used to add flavor in Asian culinary dishes. (My cousin stated he did not like the smell, however, enjoyed it as an additive to ice-cream.
- Is rich in dietary fiber, which protects the colon mucous membrane and decreases exposure of harmful toxins, as well as aid in eliminating cancer-causing chemical in the intestine.
- It also works well as a natural laxative.
- Has a high content of energizing mineral and vitamins. For example, vitamin C aid the body to develop resistance against infectious free radicals that are known to harm the body.
- Is loaded with beneficial B-complex and potassium that helps to regulate blood pressure and heart rate.
- Contain a substantial amount of tryptophan (also known as “natures sleeping pill”). Tryptophan metabolizes into melatonin and serotonin, which plays a vital role in soothing nervous irritability and sleep initiation.
- Known to instantly energize the body
- Contain a relatively higher amount of fat than most fruits.
- Free from cholesterol and saturated fat
Are You Ready For The Challenge?
By now, you should have had a chance to view my video link and have a complete rundown on all the fantastic qualities of this odd-looking fruit. It was an exciting experience and challenge you to try it for yourself. You just never know…YOU NEVER KNOW, YOU MIGHT LIKE IT! 😅
“There are no negatives in life, only challenges to overcome that will make you stronger.”
― Eric Bates
For more great tips on how to live your best life—mind, body, and spirit, visit https://www.meobachi.com